Erin’s Peppermint Superfood Energy Balls
Raw, vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free, 100% YUM
Makes approx. 16 balls
2 Tablespoons greens powder (I personally use Shakti’s Superfood Blend)
3 drops of dōTERRA Peppermint Essential Oils
1 cup Almonds
½ cup Pumpkin seeds
½ cup Sunflower seeds
½ cup Desiccated coconut
½ cup Medjool dates
½ cup Apricots (unsulphured)
¼ cup Goji berries
4 Tablespoons Coconut oil
3 Tablespoons Cacao powder
3 Tablespoons Nut butter
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon Chia seeds
1 Tablespoon Flax seeds
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
Making The Goodness:
- Soak the dates for 10min in hot water.
- Grind nuts, seeds, and desiccated coconut in a high powered blender or food processor to a course flour consistency and pour into separate bowl (set aside)
- Blitz strained dates, apricots, goji berries.
- Add the grinded nut & seed mixture back into the blender along with the DōTERRA peppermint essential oil, coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup, chia seeds, flax seeds, cacao, and cinnamon.
- Blend until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add Shakti’s Superfood Blend or (your greens powder of choice) and blend until combined
- Shape into balls.
- Optional:::Roll balls and coat in either coconut, sesame seeds, hemp seeds.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat (Stores well for weeks in properly sealed container)
Essential Oil Cooking Tips:
- Only ever use CPTG® grade oils in food, that are clearly marked on the bottle as a being a dietary supplement. Not all essential oils are created equal and most on the market are simply not safe to take internally.
- Always, start off using a single drop so as to not waste the essential oil, another drop can always be added if needed.
Essential Oils – Quality Matters!
Unfortunately, it is common to see highly adulterated essential oils, replete with “100% pure” on the label, competing with each other on the health store shelves (and the internet), often at a very low price. These oils are frequently adulterated with synthetic chemicals, pesticide residues or parts of the plant that have no therapeutic benefit.
So, how do you know what is safe in an unregulated industry?
doTERRA CPTG® essential oils?
dōTERRA’s CPTG® essential oils are 100% pure and natural, representing the safest and most beneficial essential oils available today. They are carefully extracted from plants grown in their natural environment: which means they retain their true plant essences & complete chemical constituents. They do not contain fillers or artificial ingredients that would dilute their active qualities and every single batch is subjected to rigorous testing to ensure extract composition and activity and far exceed current industry standards.
Using dōTERRA’s CPTG® Essential Oils in Cooking
You can ingest about 75% of doTERRA’s CPTG® essential oils as they are safe to be used internally. They can also be used in food and beverages to enhance flavour and support health.
The easiest way to begin cooking with the oils, is to substitute the essential oils in recipes that call for dried herbs, spices or fruit juices. Simply replace these ingredients with the companion essential oil.
The most important thing to remember is that these oils are undiluted and therefore extremely potent – far more potent than any other ingredient or essential oils you’ve ever used in the kitchen before. They are typically 50-70 times stronger than the herb or plant they are derived of. To give more of an idea, one” drop of peppermint oil equals about 28 cups of peppermint tea. Therefore, 1/2 a drop or one drop of oil may be enough to adequately flavor a big pot or bowl of a favorite recipe.
How to access doTERRA CPTG® Essential Oils
Can’t wait to try? If you’re feeling like I did and would you like to find out:
- More about how to use doTERRA essential oils as part of your daily health and wellness programme
- Would you like to find out how to buy doTERRA oils at wholesale pricing saving 25% off retail?
Please contact me for further information. I would LOVE to share and assist you 🙂
Purchasing Website: SHOP