Kick start your day with lemon water!
Part of my daily routine is drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning. After a long night our bodies are dehydrated and are in need of water to push out toxins and rejuvenate the cells.
I get up, put the kettle on, squeeze half a lemon into a glass, add a dash of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar and top it off with filtered water. How much lemon and ACV you use will depend on your personal taste buds.
It’s a great way to start your water intake for the day, kick start your digestion and flush out toxins.
Additional benefits are:
- Lemons are high in Vitamin C which boosts immunity, fights infections and promotes healing.
- provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate and rebalance.
- Incredibly alkaline which balances and maintains the pH levels in the body. The higher the pH, the more you are able to fight diseases.
- Containing pectin fiber, which helps suppress hunger cravings and aids in digestion and weight loss.
- Dissolves uric acid, reducing pain and inflammation in joints.
- Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic.
- Dissolve gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits.
- Clears the skin and cleanses the liver by flushing out toxins and other unwanted materials.
- Antibacterial which prevents the growth of bacteria and infections.
So, when life gives you a bunch of lemons, think of it as a good thing!